-
Senior Member
registered user
The root shell works in all KNOPPIX installs whether it be the CD or knoppix-installer as debian or knoppix-installer as knopix. I can't get su to work in knoppix-installer as debian so I use the root shell as I know it always works.
When I said to drop windows, I meant Mr. Gates' windows in particular, not GUIs in general. If you find a GUI solution that works for you in Linux, more power to ya!
BTW, I seem to remember a script page by Kano that allowed installing apps temporarily while running the CD. Anyone know the address to kano's website and how these scripts work?
Regards,
Similar Threads
-
By dobell in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 02:32 PM
-
By kamil in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 01:17 PM
-
By boombastic in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-14-2004, 09:02 AM
-
By linux55 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By mogz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 05:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

External fully assembled GreaseWeazle 3.5 inch Floppy Drive
$135.00