-
can icewm run openoffice?
I have knoppix 3.3 installed on a PIII 650 mHz machine with 128 MB ram. I used icewm as window manager so it would be a bit quicker. What I can't figure out is how to run Openoffice from within Icewm ???
I figure it must be easy (like that snake that would bite me... ). It runs from the CD (using default KDE) although a bit slow.
Thanks
Ken
-
Yes. You have to run the appropriate app from the terminal. So if you wanted to use Open Office's word processor you would type oowriter in a terminal prompt. I think the spreadsheet is oocalc, ooimpress for the powerpoint type program, etc.
-
I've recently updated my version of OpenOffice so it's possible your app names would be swriter and such.
-
I found out that running 'soffice' in a term window starts an Open Office start wndow from which you pick which app you want. Thanks, I'll try yours also.
Similar Threads
-
By RoyalMail in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-20-2005, 06:12 PM
-
By helios17 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-03-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By uraclea2002 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 01:35 AM
-
By jake5m in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:52 PM
-
By beforewisdom in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99

TP-LINK TL-SG108PE 8-Port Gigabit Easy Smart Managed PoE+ Switch 4-Port 64W
$24.99

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99