-
No Urdu (Pakistani Language) keyboard on Knoppix
Hi,
I have just started using Knoppix CD, and I find it cool (earlier, I never used any other OS except Windows).
But the only problem I am facing is this that there is no keyboard layout available for Urdu language (i.e. Pakistani Official Language, which is also spoken by 200 million people of India).
I also noticed that Farsi (Iranian) language keyboard is available (as well as Arabic too). But Farsi and Arabic languages lac about 4 to 9 extra alphabets of Urdu, without which, it is impossible to write Urdu.
Can anyone tell me how can I change the keyboard sequences in Knoppix, and add Urdu keyboard to it too?
(Or should I give this suggestion to Knoppix for the next versions?)
Thanks and Regards.
Zainabia.
-
Hi,
I am still waiting for any response.
In windows, there is a software (known as Keyman), which can change the sequences of keyboard (and also add those alphabets to keyboards, which have not been given by MS, but present in Unicode source).
So, if there is any such software available for Linux?
With Regards.
Zainabia.
-
Junior Member
registered user
No answer for you, sorry, but others are looking into this; see this article, it may give you some leads?
http://www.expresscomputeronline.com...indcomp2.shtml
Similar Threads
-
By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-08-2005, 12:46 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-04-2005, 01:00 PM
-
By dutchbrown in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-16-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By CSY in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 08:10 PM
-
By urpk in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 11:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57

Knoppix NSM 1.2
$8.00

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM
$7.00

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.58