View Poll Results: Do you use a wireless network?
- Voters
- 6. You may not vote on this poll
-
Wireless Adapter Detection
I have a Broadcom 54g wireless adapter built into this Compaq Notebook. How can I get knoppx to detect it so I can use air snort?
-
To begin with,airsnort doesn't support the broadcom chip.RTFM
To get your broadcom to work under linux,checkout ndiswrapper.It uses the windows drivers.Works like a charm,but when I built the driver on knoppix,I couldn't get it to load. (I have a compaq notebook with the same chip)
If you want to use airsnort,you'll need a prism2 based card,or a couple of others that support monitor mode.I use a dlink dwl-122 with the wlan-ng drivers.(prism2_usb)However,the version on knoppix doesn't support this card.The newest stable drivers do.Maybe in the next version.
Good luck,but be prepared for some reading if you want to get this to work.
Similar Threads
-
By supercleanse in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-06-2004, 12:43 AM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-27-2003, 08:07 PM
-
By -=NTL=- in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-22-2003, 06:18 PM
-
By Tad in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-24-2003, 11:54 AM
-
By jonwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-24-2003, 04:37 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99