-
Cannnot copy files...
Sorry guys, probably the dumbest possible question, but I need to copy some files from my old system before I install Linux on it (Suse). Anyway, I booted from the Knoppix CD and tried to just copy the files to my USB drive. Just to make sure I made 2 partitions on the USB drive, one NTFS and one Ext3, but I can't copy to either of them. I gave user, group and others read and write rights to the drive, unchecked the 'read only' attribute and both partitions indeed show up as 'writable=YES'. However, when I try to drag the file to either of them, I still get a message 'Could not write to /mnt/sda5/outlook.pst'.
What am I missing here? Any ideas would be more than welcome. Thanks!
Take care, Albert.
Similar Threads
-
By omega in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-30-2005, 07:46 PM
-
By Beini in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-24-2004, 12:30 PM
-
By CasaBlanca in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-23-2004, 02:35 PM
-
By bmarian21 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-06-2003, 03:17 AM
-
By Monty99 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-07-2003, 01:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Refurbished Working 1960's Heathkit EC-1 Educational Electronic Analog Computer
$2999.99

Vintage George A Philbrick Researches Tube Analog Computer Module Serial 005503
$109.99

1969 EAI TR-20 Analog Computer Programming PACE Philbrick Electronic Associates
$36.00

Vintage Goodyear Electronic GEDA Analog Computer Plug -- Extremely Rare
$179.00

Vintage 1970’s Analogic MP2110 10-Bit A/D Converter Computer Circuit Board
$24.99

VINTAGE 1970s SKIT Scientific Kit for Computer & Electronics SEALED INSIDE Rare
$380.00

Vintage Analog Computing Magazines For Atari Computer Owners No 11-20 Acceptable
$75.00

Vintage Donner Scientific Analog Computer Patch Cords Banana Plugs & Resistor
$100.00

VINTAGE Apple Unidisk Analog Card - Circa 1986 | P/N 820-0190-A
$22.67

Vintage HP 82166A HP-IL Converter Custom “The BOX” TTL/DAC Interface Controller
$499.99