Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problems booting from USB/PCMCIA CD-ROM.

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    21

    Problems booting from USB/PCMCIA CD-ROM.

    I have tried booting several computers without on-board cd/floppy from a USB and PCMCIA cd-rom, but it always hangs when probing scsi. I have used the cheatcode "noscsi" but it still failed to boot. The bios gives me nothing other than the option to boot from USB, but using that doesn't work either.

    Finally, I tried making my own boot disk, but after modifying vmlinuz and adding modules the result was more than would fit on a floppy (superformat didn't work).

    I ran across a few postings about using syslinux to boot Knoppix but I didn't understand what to do. Any pointers?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1
    Ok, I'm sorry but I've not the answer.
    I want only to say I've got the same problem you have.

    I've got just today the latest Knoppix 3.3. I've burnt the CD and I successfully booted my workstation, but when i tried to boot my laptop (WITH A USB CD-ROM) it crashes.

    Now, I imagine I've got to change the boot image, to include drivers etc., what's the right way?

    Thank you and pity me for these USB/PCMCIA boot problems again.
    Bracchetto

Similar Threads

  1. Problem when booting Knoppix (Orinoco Silver PCMCIA)
    By jsl81 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:53 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
  3. Booting from PCMCIA Flash Card
    By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
  4. Booting with a PCMCIA CDROM
    By TheIowan in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
  5. Problem booting with PCMCIA wireless card
    By amirante in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC picture

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC

$49.99



128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service picture

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service

$39.99



Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive picture

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive

$35.00



USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB picture

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB

$8.47



Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB picture

Lot 5/10pcs USB Flash Drive Memory Stick 1MB-64GB Pendrive Thumb Drive 8GB 32GB

$282.00



LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s picture

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s

$39.80



Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Pendrive High Speed Data Storage picture

Lenovo 2TB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Metal Pendrive High Speed Data Storage

$10.10



SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives picture

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives

$49.99



Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11 picture

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11

$62.50