I hve to try KnoppixKDE soon. Unfortunately, I don't have to room on my HD atm, I have a whole lot of chroot environments taking up all my space.
Sorry if this is off-topic, but maybe you can help...After installing the new kernel and configuring LILO (I used KDE Control Center to do this), it fails to boot the new kernel with the following error:Originally Posted by eadz
And then it goes on and says to try and append "root=" boot option.Code:No file proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev. /linuxrc: cannot create proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev/: directory non-existent
What am I missing? The old kernel still boots just fine.
Any ideas?
Thanks!
I hve to try KnoppixKDE soon. Unfortunately, I don't have to room on my HD atm, I have a whole lot of chroot environments taking up all my space.
Hey, great job! KDE 3.1 sure is pretty. I really like your boot display, the way it is framed by the logo. How did you do that?
I gave my friend a copy of this KnoppixKDE CD, and told him he could run knx-hddinstall to install it... but the installer failed...
Wondering how easy or hard it is to take this disk and put in a newer version
of knx-hddinstall?
Just use the newest knx-hdinstall (downloaded), it will should with KnoppixKDE.
just for everyones info. I havn't given up on knopixkde, i'm just waiting for Knoppix 3.2 to base my remaster on it. Why make a KnoppixKDE if 3.2 has kde3.1 on it? well becasue I want to include all the kde 3.1 apps. Also when kde3.2 cvs starts to become useful i might make a knoppixkde3.2cvs,
I am looking forward to your next release.... KnoppixKDE is different than 3.2, I like them both, KnoppixKDE also has Quanta.... Just as a request, is it possible to make midi playback work on the next release? I have not been able to get it with any Knoppix releases I tried so far.
Jim
KnoppixKDE was a beta release so when I make the next one I will test for things that have been reported on the bugzilla and on the forums and try to make them workOriginally Posted by true1ever
![]()
Phantastic, you are on the right track! This thing will rockOriginally Posted by eadz
![]()
Where is that file located? I cannot see any links which offer only the knx-hdinstall... I saw nothing called knx-hdinstall at ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/knoppix/.Originally Posted by eadz
You didn't mean for us to d/l the whole 3.2 ISO, right? TIA.

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00
Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00
Grandstream GXP1782 8 Line HD IP Phone VoIP - New Open Box
$59.99
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07