Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: KnoppixKDE

  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    It's possable to update the kernel using apt-get, that would also solve your "no headers" problem.
    Sorry if this is off-topic, but maybe you can help...After installing the new kernel and configuring LILO (I used KDE Control Center to do this), it fails to boot the new kernel with the following error:
    Code:
    No file proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev.
    /linuxrc: cannot create proc/sys/kernel/real-root-dev/: directory non-existent
    And then it goes on and says to try and append "root=" boot option.

    What am I missing? The old kernel still boots just fine.
    Any ideas?

    Thanks!

  2. #32
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49
    I hve to try KnoppixKDE soon. Unfortunately, I don't have to room on my HD atm, I have a whole lot of chroot environments taking up all my space.

  3. #33
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    49
    Hey, great job! KDE 3.1 sure is pretty. I really like your boot display, the way it is framed by the logo. How did you do that?

  4. #34
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    23

    How difficult is it to remaster with working installer?

    I gave my friend a copy of this KnoppixKDE CD, and told him he could run knx-hddinstall to install it... but the installer failed...

    Wondering how easy or hard it is to take this disk and put in a newer version
    of knx-hddinstall?

  5. #35
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Just use the newest knx-hdinstall (downloaded), it will should with KnoppixKDE.

  6. #36
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    just for everyones info. I havn't given up on knopixkde, i'm just waiting for Knoppix 3.2 to base my remaster on it. Why make a KnoppixKDE if 3.2 has kde3.1 on it? well becasue I want to include all the kde 3.1 apps. Also when kde3.2 cvs starts to become useful i might make a knoppixkde3.2cvs,

  7. #37
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    86

    KnoppixKDE

    I am looking forward to your next release.... KnoppixKDE is different than 3.2, I like them both, KnoppixKDE also has Quanta.... Just as a request, is it possible to make midi playback work on the next release? I have not been able to get it with any Knoppix releases I tried so far.

    Jim

  8. #38
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

    Re: KnoppixKDE

    Quote Originally Posted by true1ever
    I am looking forward to your next release.... KnoppixKDE is different than 3.2, I like them both, KnoppixKDE also has Quanta.... Just as a request, is it possible to make midi playback work on the next release? I have not been able to get it with any Knoppix releases I tried so far.

    Jim
    KnoppixKDE was a beta release so when I make the next one I will test for things that have been reported on the bugzilla and on the forums and try to make them work

  9. #39
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I want to include all the kde 3.1 apps. Also when kde3.2 cvs starts to become useful i might make a knoppixkde3.2cvs,
    Phantastic, you are on the right track! This thing will rock

  10. #40
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    So yeah, download the latest knx-hdinstall (0.3 and the install works great.
    Where is that file located? I cannot see any links which offer only the knx-hdinstall... I saw nothing called knx-hdinstall at ftp://planetmirror.com/pub/knoppix/.
    You didn't mean for us to d/l the whole 3.2 ISO, right? TIA.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. KnoppixKDE Review
    By aay in forum News
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-20-2003, 07:32 AM
  2. KnoppixKDE Dead?
    By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-31-2003, 04:42 PM
  3. knoppixkde
    By vasfi in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-03-2003, 06:17 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description) picture

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)

$59.00



INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR picture

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR

$23.00



(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT) picture

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)

$700.00



INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH picture

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH

$179.99



Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor picture

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor

$39.00



Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151 picture

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151

$79.99



Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor

$114.99



Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor picture

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor

$67.99



Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590 picture

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590

$129.00



AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)  picture

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Desktop Processor (4.7GHz, 8 Cores, Socket AM4)

$150.00