You can't safely write to NTFS with Knoppix. You could do it if you were accessing a remote NTFS share via smbmount.
I get the error "NTFS: Cannot handle saving inode 0xNN" when backing up a hard drive to a NTFS volume. Is this because of the NTFS issue with Linux or is something else haywire? THis error occurs when I use the dd command and I have only noticed it to happen when I start the process.
First, please tell me what this error means and then how to prevent it.
You can't safely write to NTFS with Knoppix. You could do it if you were accessing a remote NTFS share via smbmount.
yikes! DO NOT try to write to an NTFS partition under Linux!!
You can RUIN THE VOLUME very easily!
You can only write to a NTFS partition if you don't change the file size (i.e. cloop image)
Does that mean that I can write a file to an NTFS partition, but that I shouldn't try to manipulate and/or change the file with Linux?Originally Posted by jdong

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core I3-540 SLBTD 3.067GHz CPU Processor LGA1156
$13.00