Try the previous version of Slax, it has kmail etc :-Originally Posted by HateSpitLove
http://files.linuxforum.com/d1/live-...e-2.9.0.22.iso
regards
rob
I am looking to use a Mini 200MB disk livecd for use when I am away from home and general purpose internet apps like email and net browsing. I have spent most of the day downloading various "mini" versions of Knoppix and am quite pleased with MiniKnoppix 2.0 with the exception that it does not include KMail.
I have tried Slax, which the author says kmail is included on the CD but can't be found; a promising option would have been the Linux Magazine distro but there is nothing but a FAQ available on their site and no download to be found anywhere on the net; Damn Small, Flonix, Morphix Combined Lite GUI, MiniCD and a few others. So far, other than a few of the distros having issues booting correctly none include the combination of KDE, KMail, and Konqueror.
Are there ANY distros that include this combination of software under 200MBs?
I am not a programmer, am a linux newbie, and do not yet grasp the concept of making customizations and remastering.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Try the previous version of Slax, it has kmail etc :-Originally Posted by HateSpitLove
http://files.linuxforum.com/d1/live-...e-2.9.0.22.iso
regards
rob
Thanx! I'll check it out.
try " damn small linux" its 50 meg and runs fast from : damnsmalllinux.org
Kurumin is around 200mb and has KDE so it would probably have kmail. Language cheatcodes entered at boot-time might let you run it in English. Or maybe someone has made an English-only version of it...
I did try Damn Small but it does not have both a KDE and KMail interface (either that or it had incompatibilities with my system--can't remember which now). Unfortunately Kurumin is Brazilian and the interface is entirely in Portugese, although from what I could tell, Kurumin had these features.
I checked out the older version of Slax and it works perfectly, with the addition of a multiprotocol instant messenger client. Thanks to all for the advice.
To the list;
There was a article in linux journal about this topic. It was called the Ultimate but small linux box.
I think it was the Sept. 2002 issue.
let me know
thanks again
[email protected]
********************************
To the list;
There was a article in linux journal about this topic. It was called the Ultimate but small linux box.
I think it was the Sept. 2002 issue.
let me know
thanks again
[email protected]
********************************
Not sure what you mean...was there a title to your reply that provided necessary info?
"Language cheatcodes entered at boot-time might let you run it in English."
Eerk! I missed this part. I'll check it out.
Update: Didn't work.

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Atari 1040 STF Computer - Working
$699.00
Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00
Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$50.00
Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29