-
"tohd" cheatcode
If I want to do a "poor man's install" to a vfat or ext2 partition, do I just boot the cd, and type: "knoppix tohd=/dev/hdd1"? Will this install all the CD files on the hard drive so I can use a boot floppy?
I have version 3.3 11-19-2003
Thank you
-
As a P.S.... The reason I'm asking is: the computer I want to put Knoppix on has Windows XP and NTFS partitions, except for the one vfat partition. I do not wish to install a bootloader or write to the MBR (or goof up XP, since others use this computer). If the "tohd" code just copies all the CD files to a vfat partition and utilizes a boot floppy, then I'm good to go.
-
All figured out and installed...
Similar Threads
-
By tbobz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By daveclem in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-18-2005, 08:09 PM
-
By SunnyB in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 09:28 PM
-
By academic in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-26-2003, 08:48 AM
-
By Adrian in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 06:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700K SR33A 4.20GHz 4-Core LGA1151 CPU Processor
$62.95

ASRock b560 ATX Motherboard + Intel Core i5-11600K CPU Combo Gaming + 32 GB DDR4
$300.00

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00