-
Senior Member
registered user
One word - stability.
I'm a Windows GURU. But even on my system, and maybe more so because I mess with it so much, Windows crashes. It locks up, it fails and worst of all, it's annoying. You shouldn't have to hack the registry to make the balloons stop popping up over the system tray. In any case, I'm in the proccess of swithcing to the knoppix version of debian. I have it installed localy now, and i'm working on getting all my hardware working. I'm almost there. The only real drawback to linux as a whole is that gameing is pretty weak in comparison. There's plenty of games and some ports of games and a few that will run under Wine or WineX, bu in general, only a small portion of games run on linux. Older games are much better and more likely to run.
Similar Threads
-
By teckjunkie in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:06 AM
-
By subarus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-16-2003, 01:36 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore Amiga 1010 External 3.5” Floppy Drive A500 A1000 A2000 • Untested
$74.99

Framethrower, Amiga HDMI output via a PiStorm A500 A2000
$40.00

ZuluSCSI Compact RP2040 - an affordable SCSI-2 (and 1) emulator w/ USB-C
$45.00

Commodore Amiga 1000, Keyboard, Tank Mouse, RAM Expansion, Tested, Working
$599.00

Commodore Amiga A1200 Vintage Computer Power Supply Mouse Bundle - Tested
$999.99

Amiga Picasso II RTG Graphics Card for Amiga 2000 3000 And 4000
$324.99

Commodore Amiga 1000 Personal Computer With Original Monitor and Speakers
$1352.99

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$185.00

NewTek Video Toaster 4000 Commodore Amiga
$170.00

Commodore Amiga 2000 A2000 – Motherboard Repaired by Amiga of Rochester
$1099.99