What do you mean with 'star link version of Knoppix'?
Hello i downloaded the starlink version of knoppix and o have no clue how to burn it. What file would i select as the ISO image. How would i burn it? I am really lost here and any help would be appreciated. Thanks
What do you mean with 'star link version of Knoppix'?
I bet you didn't google before posting ?Originally Posted by budhy
The first hit for starlink knoppix:
http://www.starlink.rl.ac.uk/Download/
To twisted:
You probably would get more help if you told us what burner software (and OS) you are using.
I guess the iso you'd want to burn is this:
ftp://ftp.starlink.rl.ac.uk/pub/ussc...boot-beta1.iso
thanks windos for pointing me towards the iso, i dont know what i downloaded?
Anywase i am using XP and i would be burning with NERO.
thanks
Ok, I've never used Nero myself but I've seen some posts here that it can fail to write iso images correctly (amazing, that should be the simplest task for some burner software) , you might want to look around for some more info on that before trying.
When you start nero, press cancel on the wizard.
Then choose under the File-menu -> burn image.
Browse to the iso file and select it.
Check "disc at once" .
Then press burn (or write).
I'm writing this out of memory while not being in windows right now, but there is a FAQ on burning knoppix with nero under:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqDownloading
alrite so i downloaded the iso but what it is, is a folder with a bunch of files in it? Within the file there is no iso file? I am lost
Not sure what you mean :-/ ftp://ftp.starlink.rl.ac.uk/pub/ussc...boot-beta1.isoOriginally Posted by twisted
is just one big (about 700MB) file. Download it to some folder (right click and "save as.." or whatever applies to your browser, I assume you know how to download files) and follow Markus' directions. I downloaded, burned and booted it myself. It seems to work.
when i download it i get it as a .rar
Really ? I'd be interested to know how you manage to do that. What software are you downloading with and are you using the link mentioned earlier or something else ?Originally Posted by twisted

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
Micron 16GB (2x8GB) 2Rx8 DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800U Desktop RAM
$19.99
Crucial 32GB(4 x 8GB) CT8G4DFS824A.C8FDD1 DDR4-2400 UDIMM Desktop RAM - CR352A
$89.95
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666 PC4-21300 288-Pin DIMM RAM M393A4K40CB1CRC0Q
$185.00