-
Senior Member
registered user
Spydie,
The original idea you had, I did it.
I had Win98 on a 30gig HD, and
Knoppix on a 8gig HD, broken down to two partitions, /dev/hda1 was 7gig, and the swap was on /dev/hda5.
LILO was installed into the 8gig Knoppix HD - and I used the BIOS to switch between the 30gig and the 8gig boot.
Knoppix was even smart enough to realize that Windows was on my 30gig, and setup LILO to point to it, even though I just pointed the BIOS to the drives. This setup worked perfectly on my old system, a very old Gateway computer. My new system has Knoppix/Debian ONLY running on it.
Cuddles
[ps] Spydie, I am doing the HAPPY DANCE - I got the new computer working, w/ hardware modem, and my new systems unstable problem was due to incompatable memory. I also got the issues that I had with the old system - accounts not being Root couldn't get web pages up, the new system is now running perfectly - Root can get online, and get to the web, but also any other user account can do the same.
Similar Threads
-
By Thangor in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By pvalley in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 06:07 AM
-
By Troym in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1999 Hot Wheels PC USB Keyboard SK-1100U(E) + Speakers Patriot Tested
$145.00

Rare Vintage Sanyo MBC-1150 Terminal With Keyboard CPM2.2 — Boots - DW
$1000.00

Vintage 486 VLB Motherboard Combo AMD Am486 DX4-120 SiS 85C471 AMI BIOS SIMM
$149.00

VINTAGE GATEWAY SOLO 5100 LAPTOP BUNDLE CD-ROM FLOPPY BATTERY CORD TESTED WORKS
$148.00

Vintage 1988 Tandy 1000 SL SL/2 Audio / Reset I/O Board P/N 8709867 Rev D
$34.77

Vintage Silicon Beach SuperCard for Macintosh NOS
$52.72

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Rare Vintage Rockwell AIM-65 Microcomputer 6500 With Several Manuals
$500.00

Vintage RaidMax Dirk-Tooth Smilodon Gaming Tower with Hardware-Green LED Lights
$199.00

Vintage NICE Plus 486 USA Motherboard Intel i486 DX2 CPU Manual Expansion Card
$224.99