-
Installing Knoppix on second HD without duel boot?
I have a winXP computer that I want to do a Knoppix HD install on.
WinXP is on a HD that is already installed.
I bought a second HD tonight to install Knoppix on.
Eveything I did a search on for installing with winXP came up with duel boot info.
I don't think I want to do a duel boot or have a option come up on the screen were the user can pick what OS to boot into.
I don't want my winXP (ntfs) to see HD2 with knoppix and when I'm running Knoppix from HD2 I don't wan't it to see HD1, winXP.
Do I have to set both HD's as Master and go into the BOIS each time and pick what it boots to or do I still set one HD as master and the other HD as slave?
My wife and son will be running winXP.
I want them to be able to turn the computer on and have it boot into winXP like it always has, so they won't even have a choise of picking win or knoppix.
So what's the best way to set up a Knoppix HD install on a second HD without duel boot option coming up on the screen?
I have done one Knoppix HD install on my older (slower) computer and really want to start running it on something much faster 
Thanks!
Similar Threads
-
By Thangor in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 05:47 AM
-
By sala94 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 04:20 PM
-
By pvalley in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 02-25-2004, 06:07 AM
-
By Troym in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 09:07 PM
-
By hazenmeek in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-03-2003, 11:06 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

CISCO UCS-MR-X64G2RW Samsung 64GB 3200MHz DDR4 2R X4 RAM M393A8G40AB2-CWE
$840.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points - Tested & Working (AP Only)
$89.99

Cisco C9200-48P-A Catalyst 48-Port PoE+ Switch
$749.00

CISCO UCS-MRX16G1RE5 Samsung 16GB 6400MHz DDR5 1R X8 RAM M321R2GA3PB2-CCP
$740.00

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99