-
Manually mounting the /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX glob ???
I am trying to learn the remastering using the O'Reilly article. The resulting disks start to boot (discovery down to "Welcome to Knoppix..."), but then fails after finding the system. It can't locate an "ld.cache" and then "rm", "awk", .... It makes it through 10-15 lines of "not founds" and drops into a shell awaiting reboot.
I want to compare the the /KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX file I built with the one from the distribution. I thought to do that by mounting it with a loop somehow. But the 'testDidtribution.sh' pipes the iso through "create_compressed_fs". and then stores it.
What commandline commands would give me the equivelant of how the disk is mounted (accessed) during live CD access? Hopefully with the same on-the-fly decompression during acces as is happening during the live CD boot.
My remastering problem is that I have completed Part#1, cobbled the equivelant to Part#2. This part is a bit vague and seems to have been done with a different set of directory structures. In Part#3 I made no changes and simply remastered (using the scripts) what I had just extracted. I must have made a mistake somewhere in Part #2. (I have requested some clarifications from the author, which I am still awaiting).
Any help will be appreciated.
BillS
Similar Threads
-
By rosso39 in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-21-2004, 04:57 AM
-
By cld in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-16-2004, 12:32 AM
-
By kim in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By Wrfl-icon in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-25-2003, 10:38 PM
-
By cascadefx in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00