Windows wants to boot from hda1. If you want to boot it from hdb2, you would have to use Smart Boot Manager to do it.
Here's the story:
Built a new PC
Bought a new HD
made a reiser partition, installed Knoppix /Debian to it.
made a VFAT Partition. Hooked up my old WinMe drive to the EIDE cable. Booted the machine using the CD that came with
the new hard drive (WD). Copied the entire MinMe drive to the vfat partition on the new drive using the copy utility on the CD.
Rebooted under Debian and edited lilo.conf as follows:
boot=/dev/hdb
vga=791
prompt
timeout=50
append = "hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi apm=power-off nomce"
image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.4.22-xfs
label=knoppix
root=/dev/hdb1
read-only
initrd=/boot/initrd.gz
## A Windows installation, example for partition 1 on first IDE harddisk
other=/dev/hdb2
label=windows
# optional
# table=/dev/hdb1
Ran lilo.
When I reboot a get two choices from lilo. Knoppix works fine and I can see everything on the vfat partion, but when I choose windows at lilo time -- nothing.
I don't miss windows, and if I could get wine to work I could live with this. Suggestions?
Windows wants to boot from hda1. If you want to boot it from hdb2, you would have to use Smart Boot Manager to do it.

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00
Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99
Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99
HP ProLiant BL460c Gen8 Blade Chassis w/2x Xeon E5-2630L 2.0GHz, 32GB RAM, No H
$144.99
HP ProLiant BL660C Gen8 Server Blade 2x Xeon E5-4650L 2.60Ghz w/ 32GB DDR3, QTY
$189.99
Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99
Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99