-
Junior Member
registered user
Problems booting from USB/PCMCIA CD-ROM.
I have tried booting several computers without on-board cd/floppy from a USB and PCMCIA cd-rom, but it always hangs when probing scsi. I have used the cheatcode "noscsi" but it still failed to boot. The bios gives me nothing other than the option to boot from USB, but using that doesn't work either.
Finally, I tried making my own boot disk, but after modifying vmlinuz and adding modules the result was more than would fit on a floppy (superformat didn't work).
I ran across a few postings about using syslinux to boot Knoppix but I didn't understand what to do. Any pointers?
-
Ok, I'm sorry but I've not the answer.
I want only to say I've got the same problem you have.
I've got just today the latest Knoppix 3.3. I've burnt the CD and I successfully booted my workstation, but when i tried to boot my laptop (WITH A USB CD-ROM) it crashes.
Now, I imagine I've got to change the boot image, to include drivers etc., what's the right way?
Thank you and pity me for these USB/PCMCIA boot problems again.
Bracchetto
Similar Threads
-
By jsl81 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-26-2004, 05:53 AM
-
By znmeb in forum Laptops
Replies: 10
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 09:02 AM
-
By averylowiq in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 10:14 PM
-
By TheIowan in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 07:06 AM
-
By amirante in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

DELL POWEREDGE R340 Server | Xeon E-2126G 64GB RAM PERC H330 (Onboard)
$399.95

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

MICROSOFT WINDOWS SERVER 2025 RDS 50 CAL NEW Factory Sealed
$136.87

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$484.99

Supermicro 2U GPU Server SYS-2029GP-TR 2x Xeon 6130 32C 6x PCIe 3.0 x16 Slots
$745.00

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E6-2699 v3 | 128gb RAM | 2x 1600W
$1029.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19