Hi!
I'm wondering if anyone has had experience running the KNOPPIX CD on this type of laptop or even as an hdd install? How successful were you?
I'm looking to get this used from a friend. It sounds like a nice 3-spindle machine (ie: simultaneously internal fdd, hdd and cdd) which is rare in newer models. Its also been upgraded to 256MB RAM and DVD/CDRW combo with a PII/400 or PIII/500 (I'm not sure) and in nearly mint condition and I can get it cheap!
But if I can't get KNOPPIX running on it, forget it. I need a portable Linux box....
TIA,

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99