Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: dpkg Confused

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    Quote Originally Posted by none1
    Ok I just want to confirm this.

    If I want to completely remove something, I do the following:

    apt-get remove [package]
    dpkg -P [package]

    Those two will completely remove the [package] off my system right?
    apt-get --purge remove [package] the other one is correct. There are times when the removal script fails and it will tell you that it could not remove a directory because it is not empty in that case you just remove it by hand with rm -rf /path/to/directory/that/failed/to/remove.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9
    Heh, I guess I don't believe in posting new thread so I'll say here.

    I have another problem.

    It's those simple problems where most of us are bugged by the looks.

    The desktop won't save its setting.
    The CD-Rom Icon keeps moving itself to the topleft when I try to move it to the middle of the desktop.

    The Hda1 Icon won't save its icon. I use another icon, then it reverts back to original when I reset the computer. I have to double click on it for it to revert to the one I want it to, and it's getting really annoying.

    And the start-up screen (where there is a few icon that lights up after you log in) will not change, is there a way to permanently change it to your image?

    Thanks.

    PS: I also have a firewall called "Firestarter". The only problem I have with it is.. why is it that everytime I boot up I double click on the script, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't, what's wrong?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Confused
    By samhainbaphomet in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
  2. i errored and am confused how to fix it!. help!!!!
    By hogwash in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-22-2004, 04:14 AM
  3. very confused....
    By poundsmack in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
  4. apt-get / dpkg error: unable to access dpkg status area
    By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
  5. Confused new user
    By phoward in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-31-2003, 07:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p

$499.88



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb

$374.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD

$381.93



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700 picture

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700

$289.99



Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD picture

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD

$169.99



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI Barebone CTO GPU Server 2x Heatsinks 2x 1600W PSU

$319.99



Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server picture

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server

$349.99



Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF  CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem picture

Dell PowerEdge R740 8B SFF CTO Barebone H330 QP 1GbE NDC 2x 750W PSU No CPU/Mem

$395.00