-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
none1
Ok I just want to confirm this.
If I want to completely remove something, I do the following:
apt-get remove [package]
dpkg -P [package]
Those two will completely remove the [package] off my system right?
apt-get --purge remove [package] the other one is correct. There are times when the removal script fails and it will tell you that it could not remove a directory because it is not empty in that case you just remove it by hand with rm -rf /path/to/directory/that/failed/to/remove.
-
Heh, I guess I don't believe in posting new thread so I'll say here.
I have another problem.
It's those simple problems where most of us are bugged by the looks.
The desktop won't save its setting.
The CD-Rom Icon keeps moving itself to the topleft when I try to move it to the middle of the desktop.
The Hda1 Icon won't save its icon. I use another icon, then it reverts back to original when I reset the computer. I have to double click on it for it to revert to the one I want it to, and it's getting really annoying.
And the start-up screen (where there is a few icon that lights up after you log in) will not change, is there a way to permanently change it to your image?
Thanks.
PS: I also have a firewall called "Firestarter". The only problem I have with it is.. why is it that everytime I boot up I double click on the script, sometime it works, sometime it doesn't, what's wrong?
Similar Threads
-
By samhainbaphomet in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-04-2005, 11:04 AM
-
By hogwash in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 13
Last Post: 12-22-2004, 04:14 AM
-
By poundsmack in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 10:02 AM
-
By Nitromethane1261 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-15-2004, 12:09 AM
-
By phoward in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Check Point 1590 Firewall & w builtin WiFI and builtin LTE sim slot
$95.99

Unfi Security Gateway Pro
$170.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$229.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F Firewall Tested Reset Deregistered OEM PSU
$99.99

Netgate SG-2100 pfSense Plus 26.07 Firewall VPN Router - Wiped, Fresh Install
$174.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Alta Labs Route10 10Gbps Router Firewall 2x SFP+ 4x 2.5GbE 2x PoE+
$174.99