I have the same Problem with the HP Color Inkjet CP1160 (Foomatic + hpijs).Originally Posted by jmclain25
Hello,
I tried setting up my HP laserjet 5m printer using the printer wizard where everything seems to go smoothly. The printer is detected correctly. However, when I try to print a test page, i see the "processing job" report on the printer screen, but nothing is printed.
I've tried both of the printer drivers that are displayed, (foomatic + Postscript) and (foomatic + hpijs). The hpijs driver doesn't even get the printer to display the above message on the printer.
This is using CUPS.
I've also tried starting cupsd from the console, as per another thread, but I get a message "child exited with status 1!"
This is on a Dell optiplex gx1 P-III 450 parallel port attached local printer.
thank you,
Joel
I have the same Problem with the HP Color Inkjet CP1160 (Foomatic + hpijs).Originally Posted by jmclain25
The 5m is the 5 with a post-script upgrade. Can you use it as a generic post script printer?
Start cupsd as root from a terminal, thus:
sudo -s
cupsd (and wait a few seconds for the prompt to return)
Then startup the printer configuration wizzard. You will probably get an error message, ignore it and proceed with the setup.
Then save all the config stuff to a floppy to be used at boot.
This works for me on a Dell 4100 with an HP 5L.
The Laserjet 5 series driver worked, as did the Laserjet 5 (gimp-print) and (lj5gray) drivers.
Thank you
Knoppix 2003-04-18.en usee hpijs 1.3-2 and many HP printer bloc after
each page. My HPOfficeJet725 print a bad page after restart and after 2 restart only on good page are possible.
But form according to http://hpoj.sourceforge.net/
6-February-2003
HP released hpijs version 1.3.1 to correct the printer-hang problem with the OfficeJet 500/600/700 and PSC 300 series products.
From http://hpinkjet.sourceforge.net/ I have donwload and install hpijs 13.1 now my HPOfficeJet725 workwell.
I suggest to update hpijs in KNOPPIX and Debian.

Vintage PC sleeper case 2000 Pentium 4 full tower 6 drive bays
$59.99
IBM 3270 Keyboard Beam Spring - With Manual - Vintage Rare Beamspring
$3000.00
Vintage Epson Apex Plus AP3001A Dual 360K Disk Drives PC w/ Epson Apex Keyboard
$249.95
Vintage Retro Cyrix 6x86 133mhz 32mb RAM Floppy Combo
$299.00
Vintage PPI Super Sketch G2400 for Texas Instruments TI99/4A
$150.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage IBM Aptiva E Series Beige Desktop Computer Case Only 1998
$74.99
Packard Bell 1150 Plus PB434A Vintage PC Computer Power Tested
$299.99
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88