-
fixed but then broken again
I decided to do a clean re-install. After the install, I used Kppp to access the internet. I then proceded with apt-get update and apt-get upgrade. The internet connection was working just fine through the whole upgrade process. I figured that I would just stick with Kppp for a while.
After reconfiiguring my settings, which include backgrounds, colors, fonts and etc, I decided to start removing some packages. The packages I wanted to remove were related to isdn. I do not have any isdn hardware.
I did not retry my internet connection until after the the packages removal.
When I did try to connect, my modem was in the ready state so I started Kppp. I hit connect and the modem went through the ATZ intialize part, then it tried to dial but cut off immediately. There was a brief dial tone before cutting off. My modem will not go back to the ready state. I tried shutting off the modem, issuing ATZ manually, and shutting down and restarting my system. The modem will not go back to the ready state.
So the problem is with the upgrade I did or the removal of the isdn packages.
When I removed the isdn packages, I did not use the purge option. I am new to apt-get system so I am probably making some mistakes. Can I use the purge option to eliminate the configuration files even though the main package is gone?
I read in another post that the upgrade might have change some configuration files the wrong way. So I will check the configuration files to see if I see anything wrong.
At this point with my modem not going back to the ready state no ppp dialer program is going to work. Something is keeping my modem from going back to the ready state. This something has to be doing this at startup.
Thanks for all suggestions and help.
Similar Threads
-
By rolfhub in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 05-05-2005, 10:46 AM
-
By knoppix-user in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:14 PM
-
By BadgerKNX in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 06:11 AM
-
By Worm in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 05:19 PM
-
By Joutei in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-06-2003, 08:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell 6TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise PowerEdge H
$75.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50