Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Default SMB username/password

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2

    Default SMB username/password

    Even though I enter all the needed info in Control Center - Local Network Browsing, Konqueror keeps asking me for username and password for every smb:// address I type. There's also no option to cache these as far as I can tell, which leads to complete hell when I forget to turn off the option to display thumbnails for all the image files
    This, combined with LinNeighborhood brokenness, is a pretty big problem for me since now there is now no easy way for me to pop in the Knoppix CD and access windows network shares right away. I know I can just use a Bash Konsole to smbmount shares instead (which is what I've been doing), but frankly that just sucks.
    Does anyone have any ideas to make this work? Or maybe another way to easily browse the network?

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2
    In case anyone else encounters this problem, I managed to make LinNeighborhood work by reinstalling it in KPackage. Not a problem for me, since I've hdinstalled Knoppix now, but it would still be a problem for CD-users. I guess this is something that will be/has been fixed in newer versions?

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix username etc
    By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
  2. knoppix username
    By stclaus in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
  3. Full replacement of knoppix username,uid,groupname,gid.
    By nosknoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:12 AM
  4. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
  5. What is the default "/root" password?
    By villain_2006 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore picture

Commodore Plus/4 computer for parts or restore

$50.00



Commodore 1351 Wired Mechanical Standard Mouse 2-Button Beige/Gray Untested picture

Commodore 1351 Wired Mechanical Standard Mouse 2-Button Beige/Gray Untested

$50.00



Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW picture

Commodore OS USB | Bootable LIVE + Install | The Ultimate Gaming Linux OS | NEW

$11.99



Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller picture

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller

$39.99



Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great picture

Commodore 128D System works great Comes with Keyboard which works great

$800.00



Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply picture

Vintage Commodore 128 Computer Powers On Not Tested with Power Supply

$169.99



Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller picture

Commodore 64 & VIC-20 BASIC & Kernel ROM Replacement Adapter - USA seller

$17.99



Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ picture

Commodore 128 Vintage Computer Not Working No Power Damage READ

$129.00



Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung picture

Commodore C128 Comp w/ Original Box TESTED & WORKING + Original & PETG Key Plung

$297.98



TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded picture

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded

$89.50