-
Default SMB username/password
Even though I enter all the needed info in Control Center - Local Network Browsing, Konqueror keeps asking me for username and password for every smb:// address I type. There's also no option to cache these as far as I can tell, which leads to complete hell when I forget to turn off the option to display thumbnails for all the image files 
This, combined with LinNeighborhood brokenness, is a pretty big problem for me since now there is now no easy way for me to pop in the Knoppix CD and access windows network shares right away. I know I can just use a Bash Konsole to smbmount shares instead (which is what I've been doing), but frankly that just sucks.
Does anyone have any ideas to make this work? Or maybe another way to easily browse the network?
-
In case anyone else encounters this problem, I managed to make LinNeighborhood work by reinstalling it in KPackage. Not a problem for me, since I've hdinstalled Knoppix now, but it would still be a problem for CD-users. I guess this is something that will be/has been fixed in newer versions?
Similar Threads
-
By mithereal in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2005, 12:00 PM
-
By stclaus in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-22-2005, 04:49 PM
-
By nosknoppix in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-24-2005, 09:12 AM
-
By ERsKA in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 10:53 AM
-
By villain_2006 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Commodore 128 C128 Computer FOR PARTS / REPAIR Untested Missing Key No Cords
$149.99

Commodore VIC-20 Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

Commodore 64 Computer In Original Box w Cord & User Manual 💥
$149.99

TeensyROM+ TR+ v0.4 Cartridge for C64/128 - w/ Case & 32GB SD Preloaded
$89.50

Commodore 1750 512K RAM Expansion REU for C128 / C64 – Tested & Working
$110.00

Commodore 64 Serial Cable 6PIN DIN 1541 1571 C64 128 C128 Disk Drive Printer USA
$10.49

Commodore 1541 Emulator PI1541 HAT with ROTARY, OLED screen, USA Seller
$29.99

Vtg 128 / 64 Commodore 1541-II Computer Disk Drive in Box 5.25 Floppy (Working)
$89.99

Commodore 64 Dead Test & Diagnostic Cartridge & Test Harness Set - USA seller
$39.99

RARE Commodore MPS801 Printer - 1st printer for the 64 - powers on
$70.00