-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: knx-hdinstall Failure

Originally Posted by
schoeppchen
Hi there,
I'm getting a strange error when trying to install Knoppix 3.3 on AMD K6 System with 10GB HDD.
When I run knx-hdinstall I get the welcome screen (...this software is beta ... blablabla) and then in next window I get
/dev/ Can't make subwindow [....]
error. Does anybody know how to do about that? It seems as if install can't access my partitions even though they are properly set up, mounted and recognized in /proc/partitions.
You don't want the partitions mounted when you try to install.
Before the window comes up I get a strange output on console which says something about /dev/sda and outputs some failures about that device. This device is also shown in /etc/partitions allthough I am not sure which device this should be (I only have on HDD -> hda and 2 cdroms).
/dev/sda is a reference to a SCSI devivce. Likely your cdrom drive as they are accessed throught scsi emulation. Are you trying to install to a cdrom?
Similar Threads
-
By thelordofthechip in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:16 PM
-
By mgilley in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 10:08 PM
-
By Li0nheart in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 12:42 AM
-
By Nikk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-24-2003, 06:38 PM
-
By Nedly in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-05-2003, 02:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Atari 1040 STF Computer - Working
$699.00

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 850 Interface Module For ATARI 400/800 Computer Vintage Tested
$50.00

Atari 800 130XE 65XE Color S-Video, Composite Video & Audio Cable Tested
$29.78

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29