Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: /lib/modules/extra/alsa/snd-intel8x0.o missing in 3.3

  1. #1

    /lib/modules/extra/alsa/snd-intel8x0.o missing in 3.3

    I would like to use the alsa sounddriver to run the timidity server.

    An old article says 3.2 came with the alsa snd-intel8x0 driver. But I neither found it on the 3.3 cd nor on the hdd installation.

    Do I have to replace knx-alsa with the debian alsa-base?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    80
    I just found this out also while trying to get gnomemeeting working.....
    I've not yet been able to load alsa-modules with apt-get yet either and then I'm even wondering if I'll be able to the the ones for the 2.4.22-xfs kernel.

    If anybody has some insight into this I'd appreciate your help. TIA.

Similar Threads

  1. Can't open dependencies file /lib/modules/extra/modules.dep
    By wicking in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-06-2004, 07:50 PM
  2. How to add missing USB modules to Knx 3.3 HDD installation?
    By Messiaen in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-12-2004, 02:46 AM
  3. knoppix alsa=intel8x0 kills nvidia
    By listman in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-02-2004, 07:45 AM
  4. My KDE is crawling after I activate ALSA sound card modules
    By garyng in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-06-2004, 02:53 AM
  5. modprobe won't load ALSA modules
    By ckapsl in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-29-2003, 02:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004

$649.99



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00 picture

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00

$1619.19



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US picture

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US

$125.98



Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i picture

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i

$228.00



EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD picture

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD

$239.99