Type uname -r in a console to find which kernel you are running.
Mine shows :-
lindsayr@sonam:~$ uname -r
2.4.22-xfs
Cheers
rob
First of all, hello everyobody, I'm new. Please don't hurt me.![]()
I actually have a problem with another Debian-based distro. It tries to load the same sound driver for my system that Knoppix loads for it, but fails to load it. It uses alsa, but it comes out very fuzzy and erratic. Someone suggested that I need to update the kernel; I don't know if that would help or not. However, the distro I'm using was put out before Knoppix 3.2 and the sound works fine on 3.2, so they may be right. Hence my question: which kernel did Knoppix 3.2 have?
And thanks.![]()
-Mistshadow
Type uname -r in a console to find which kernel you are running.
Mine shows :-
lindsayr@sonam:~$ uname -r
2.4.22-xfs
Cheers
rob
I have a version of 3.2 that uses 2.4.20-xfs.

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99
VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS.
$95.00
6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR
$69.99
Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)
$139.99