Type uname -r in a console to find which kernel you are running.
Mine shows :-
lindsayr@sonam:~$ uname -r
2.4.22-xfs
Cheers
rob
First of all, hello everyobody, I'm new. Please don't hurt me.![]()
I actually have a problem with another Debian-based distro. It tries to load the same sound driver for my system that Knoppix loads for it, but fails to load it. It uses alsa, but it comes out very fuzzy and erratic. Someone suggested that I need to update the kernel; I don't know if that would help or not. However, the distro I'm using was put out before Knoppix 3.2 and the sound works fine on 3.2, so they may be right. Hence my question: which kernel did Knoppix 3.2 have?
And thanks.![]()
-Mistshadow
Type uname -r in a console to find which kernel you are running.
Mine shows :-
lindsayr@sonam:~$ uname -r
2.4.22-xfs
Cheers
rob
I have a version of 3.2 that uses 2.4.20-xfs.

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99
Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99
Western Digital PC SN740 256GB M.2 2280 NVMe Internal SSD (SDDPNQD-256G)
$34.99
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 980 500GB NVMe M.2 2280 SSD MZ-V8V500 - Tested Working.
$50.00
KingFast F10 256GB 2.5” SATA III SSD Tested Working 2710DCS23BF-256
$22.89
SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00
SanDisk Ultra 3D SSD 1TB, SDSSDH3 2.5" SSD Drive SATA III 6GB/S (SDSSDH3-1T02)
$138.56