-
Knoppix initialization graphics
I'd like to change the graphics that Knoppix shows at startup, where it configures the whole system, guess you could call it the initialization screen. The box that shows before the KDE is started. I have no idea where the graphics for this are, can anyone help me out with this?
Best regards,
Arbiter
-
Haven't yet tried changing them, but I've given it some thought and it looks like they are under
/usr/share/apps/ksplash/pics
EDIT: Yup, just tested it. You just have to rename the splash_top.png to backup it if you want to, and then make a new png preferably of similar size and name it splash_top.png
-
Junior Member
registered user
You might want to check out some KDE Splash Screens from KDE-Look.org:
http://kde-look.org/index.php?xcontentmode=35
Personally, I don't do the whole theming bit, and feel that a developer should make a good interface that doesn't need changing, but plenty of resources exist for the greater percentage of people who aren't like me
.
-
Quite a bit of them there
I suppose I should have thought about linux first looking in your homedirectory before using systemwide settings, kind of nice being able to use personalized splash-screens.
Personally, I don't do the whole theming bit, and feel that a developer should make a good interface that doesn't need changing, but plenty of resources exist for the greater percentage of people who aren't like me .
You may have a point there. I just want to take a break now and then and do something completely unnecessary like choosing the Wallace and Gromit splash screen 
Thanks for the tip!
Similar Threads
-
By GATORbyte80 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 02:52 PM
-
By robm in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 12:31 AM
-
By eXisTeNz in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-27-2003, 01:09 AM
-
By Gustaw in forum General Support
Replies: 8
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 08:14 PM
-
By brainlessdumb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2003, 02:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Yealink SIP-T44W VoIP Phone 12-Line Gigabit Speakerphone RJ-45 Gray/Black
$44.00

Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99

5 Allworx Verge 9312 VoIP IP Phone 12-Line Speakerphone Black RJ-45 MPN 8113120
$999.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99