-
Display Problems with Gateway Notebook
Hi!
I have a Gateway Solo 1450 notebook which has a Intel 830M graphics controller. The BIOS says that it has 8Mb of video memory. I'm new to Linux and wanted to try it out without having to repartition my hard drive.
I typically use 1024 x 768 True Color setting in Windows XP, but I cannot get better than VGA 640 x 480 in Knoppix, which makes for huge icons in KDE and it's very hard to navigate from everything being so large. I get the impression that the Knoppix kernel is trying to pass or receive a VESA number which isn't recognized.
I tried Topologilinux and can't even run the X Windows system!
Any ideas? I'm using the latest download version of Knoppix. I tried all the F2 boot options that I could find...
Similar Threads
-
By talon0769 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-17-2004, 08:23 AM
-
By merlin232 in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:51 PM
-
By Kamakize in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 12-27-2003, 01:29 AM
-
By andrewdodd13 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 06:19 PM
-
By Satyag in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 05:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$219.95