-
Senior Member
registered user
?? Duplicate a user account as different name ??
Pardon my noob issue, but, with Knoppix, I've been thrust into being an account manager now...
I want to duplicate a current user into another name.
Issue #1 - Can I "copy" or duplicate a user I have setup as a template - lets say "knoppix" for an example - Can I copy that account and user as a different name? If so, can they share the same /home or do they need a different home directory??? Will all the access and permissions copy as well?
Issue #2 - Can a directory be created that is shared across all users, write, read, and exec, that DOESN'T exist in someones home directory? Or can this only be done in ones home area?
Please explain resolution in simp terms - I went into this role kicking and scratching...
Thanks for any assistance,
Cuddles
[ps] Knoppix 3.3 v2.4.22-xfs HD Install, non-dualboot, 40gig HD.
Similar Threads
-
By Cardador in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2004, 11:20 AM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 08:15 PM
-
By KnoppixDawg in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-17-2004, 08:50 PM
-
By pkoebbe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-27-2004, 07:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

LOT OF 8 Samsung 32gb 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA RE3 12 DC1 Server Memory M393A4G43AB3
$1849.95

SK Hynix 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-11 RAM HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

SET OF 8 (64GB) - Micron MTA9ASF1G72PZ 8GB 1RX8 PC4-2666V-RD1-11 Memory
$225.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4 2133MHz ECC Registered Server RAM M393A4K40BB0-CPB0Q
$144.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00