Damn it!Still no replies...
Gigi188
Hi, I did a search and found users reporting a looping intro sound on version 3.3. I have the same problem, and I am so new to Knoppix and Linux that I don't know how to stop it, other than turning off my speakers.
I have version 3.3 on a SOYO P4X400 Dragon Lite mother-board, with 256 megs of memory, a 2.2 GHz Celeron, and an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX400 64 meg video card. The sound card is a CM8738, and the driver that gets loaded automatically is called CMPCI. I tried loading the ALSA driver, but it loops the same, just at a lower volume
Something odd: The very first time I booted from the CD, I did NOT have this problem! But I've had it every single time afterwards.
Is there a way to kill the log-in sound and have the sound card function afterwards anyway? Something like the task manager in windows?
I *LOVE* what I see of Knoppix so far, but I need to resolve this sound issue. Thanks for any help!
Gigi 188![]()
Damn it!Still no replies...
Gigi188
If you can find the right process, you can kill it. Try from the command lineOriginally Posted by gigi188
If that doesn't work, run "top" from the command line. Do you see anything there that looks like it could be your sound playing? If so,Code:killall -9 artsd. If you don't see it there, you will need to look for the pid of the offending process like this.Code:kill *pid number*, then kill it.Code:ps aux |more
lsof /dev/dsp can be of help as well it allows you to see the process controlling the DSP.Originally Posted by aay

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00
LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00