-
Looping intro sound on version 3.3
Hi, I did a search and found users reporting a looping intro sound on version 3.3. I have the same problem, and I am so new to Knoppix and Linux that I don't know how to stop it, other than turning off my speakers.
I have version 3.3 on a SOYO P4X400 Dragon Lite mother-board, with 256 megs of memory, a 2.2 GHz Celeron, and an Nvidia GeForce 2 MX400 64 meg video card. The sound card is a CM8738, and the driver that gets loaded automatically is called CMPCI. I tried loading the ALSA driver, but it loops the same, just at a lower volume
Something odd: The very first time I booted from the CD, I did NOT have this problem! But I've had it every single time afterwards.
Is there a way to kill the log-in sound and have the sound card function afterwards anyway? Something like the task manager in windows?
I *LOVE* what I see of Knoppix so far, but I need to resolve this sound issue. Thanks for any help!
Gigi 188
Similar Threads
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-14-2005, 11:14 PM
-
By Gralfus in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-11-2004, 04:23 PM
-
By eadz in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:35 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum General Support
Replies: 23
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 01:12 PM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-15-2003, 10:32 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

Western Digital WD Blue 1TB SATA 3.5in 7200RPM 64MB Internal HDD WD10EZEX
$14.99

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s
$78.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99

Western Digital 2TB WD20EFRX-68EUZN0 3.5" SATA Red NAS Hard Disk Drive
$69.99