Hi all,
I have been trying to put a script together for knoppix/debian linux, the script is to display all the info in the pc (hdd size, mem,cpu ect) then test these items.. all was going well until i came to test the serial port, what i need to do is send data out to the port, then back in via a serial loopback connector, I can send data to a serial printer no probs, but dont know how I can send data, then read it back in.. I have tried cat /<filename> </dev/ttyS0 .. and cat > /dev/ttyS0 in different shells but no luck.. any linux bods out there that can help???
All help would be appreciated.
Thanks

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI
$289.99