-
Junior Member
registered user
Browser problem with modem
Hi,
I have a winmodem but was able to configure it and now everything is working, I can do
an ssh to any machine and ftp etc BUT the browsers are not working... neither mozilla nor konqueror... I cannot open any web site at all... On the other hand, when I connect via ethernet
everything works pretty well.
I did an lspci -v and the part corresponding to the modem gives:
00:01.6 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Intel 537 [56k Winmodem] (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Uniwill Computer Corp: Unknown device 4003
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
Do you have any suggestion?
thanks,
Pau
Similar Threads
-
By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:32 PM
-
By rogleale in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By victor_tote in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 08:16 PM
-
By Enoch Chan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99

50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99

MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99

DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99

Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00