-
Junior Member
registered user
Browser problem with modem
Hi,
I have a winmodem but was able to configure it and now everything is working, I can do
an ssh to any machine and ftp etc BUT the browsers are not working... neither mozilla nor konqueror... I cannot open any web site at all... On the other hand, when I connect via ethernet
everything works pretty well.
I did an lspci -v and the part corresponding to the modem gives:
00:01.6 Modem: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] Intel 537 [56k Winmodem] (rev a0) (prog-if 00 [Generic])
Subsystem: Uniwill Computer Corp: Unknown device 4003
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 32, IRQ 10
I/O ports at dc00 [size=256]
I/O ports at d800 [size=128]
Capabilities: [48] Power Management version 2
Do you have any suggestion?
thanks,
Pau
-
Senior Member
registered user
This might sound silly but are you using a proxy when browsing through the ethernet connection ?
That would be the case for many people at work, and the proxy at work is usually not available if you connect through a modem directly to the net at home.
If so then just tell the browser not to use a proxy and try again.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Proxy and browser problem with modem
Hi,
thanks for your answer. Actually it is not silly at all; it is the kind of mistake I use to make... but it is not the case. I already thought it could be like that but neither mozilla nor konqueror are working when I set "direct connection to internet" and switch off the proxy...
Quin empipament!...
thanks again,
Pau
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm, you could test using the http protocol with some simpler tool.
For instance this: telnet google.com 80
When you say ftp is working do you mean you can ftp somewhere out on the net ?
Are you using any firewall ? (or does your ISP put you behind one ?)
Similar Threads
-
By empro in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-11-2005, 12:39 AM
-
By cli168 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-17-2005, 11:32 PM
-
By rogleale in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-19-2004, 02:11 PM
-
By victor_tote in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 08:16 PM
-
By Enoch Chan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-14-2003, 06:33 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

CISCO INDUSTRIAL SWITCH IE-3100-8T2C-E New
$1049.00

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960X-48FPD-L 48-Port Gigabit Managed PoE+ Ethernet Switch
$69.99

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188
$24.94

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch
$39.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$36.00