Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Updated Overclockix iso's

  1. #11
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    N42.41 W73 and change
    Posts
    401
    A couple of bugs:

    Control center modules not working.

    knx-install script hangs with error message.

    I'll give the newer one a try later today.

  2. #12
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Thanks for helping me iron out these bugs.

    Yeah, I uploaded a fix for both those issues just yesterday- updated KDE components including kontrol center, and added the knx-templates the installer scrripts were complaining about.

    You might have to actually be in the same directory as the installer scripts and launch them with a ./. Probably not, but that's what I did on the broken version you have- googled to find knx-templates-0.39.tgz and saved it in ramdisk, then copied the knx-hdinstall script to the same directory in ramdisk and ran ./knx-hdinstall, That shouldn't be necessary in the fixed version. If you have the previous version, once installed, just apt-get install --reinstall kdebase kcontrol will fix the missing kontrol center modules. As I said, both issuses should be fixed now in the newly uploaded iso on my site.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    Another small bug was reported. Please hold off until 1-14-04 for downloasding the new Technomancer.

  4. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    25

    I like this

    Technomancer rocks... I just wish my sound worked like it normally does in knoppix.
    I'm not really sure what's so different about this compilation than the original knoppix one that the sound wouldn't work anymore... I mean, I think the modules are already compiled in and everything... Just doesn't work live cd... I'll try a hd install, and maybe I'll have better luck.

    I hope I can get it to work. This is really awesome. It's all tweaked, and runs a lot faster.

    EDIT:... Conclusion: My chipset blows chunks. I'm throwing this VIA GARBAGE out. I'll go get an nForce if Mother Money is on my side next week (and she's usually on the other side, kicking my ass...)

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    A new version is almost done that features the choice between a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. It also has gnome 2.4 and enlightnement.

    Still working on it though- having the usual trouble with kicker items and menu entries.

  6. #16
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, bear with me, this is the first time I download OverClockix and the first time I use btlaunchmany. Do I still need an md5sum? If so where is it, I can't find it on the OverClockix site!

    TIA,
    AJG

  7. #17
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    90
    I found in the menus from an older Technomancer cd, the program "Kugar", but isn't working! There is some chance that this applications is included in the las version (I'm already downloading) or there are any chance to include this aplication in the future versions?

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    BTW, I just used btlaunchmany to download the latest OverClockix iso. I must be doing something wrong, it seems to have downloaded the whole file, but btlaunchmany won't terminate. What now?

    TIA,
    AJG

  9. #19
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    611
    md5sum- there's an md5sum for the KNOPPIX cloop file on the top level of the CD once you burn the iso.

    kugar- this has been removed to make space

    BT- bittorrent clients will stay open after the download completes so that they continue uploading the file to other users who are downloading it. It should be safe to close it manually.

    ISO status- Technomancer iso is bad for some reason, boots and fails to find filesystem. 3.4 iso still has many bugs but is functional.

  10. #20
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    Well, if I don't use md5sum before burning, is the knoppix testcd cheat code sufficient?

    TIA,
    AJG

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Azureus updated to 2.3.0.0
    By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
  2. Multiple .iso's and boot manager on a dvd
    By adamherb in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:49 AM
  3. updated parallelknoppix
    By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 06-21-2005, 08:29 AM
  4. All ISO's corrupt?
    By randy431 in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
  5. 750Mb ISO's won't fit on CD... HELP!
    By Pierscoe1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AMD AM5 Motherboard picture

ASUS PRIME B650-PLUS WIFI ATX AMD AM5 Motherboard

$120.00



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock B650M Pro RS WiFi AM5 AMD B650 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX Motherboard

$101.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard picture

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard

$75.00