-
Senior Member
registered user
A couple of bugs:
Control center modules not working.
knx-install script hangs with error message.
I'll give the newer one a try later today.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Thanks for helping me iron out these bugs.
Yeah, I uploaded a fix for both those issues just yesterday- updated KDE components including kontrol center, and added the knx-templates the installer scrripts were complaining about.
You might have to actually be in the same directory as the installer scripts and launch them with a ./. Probably not, but that's what I did on the broken version you have- googled to find knx-templates-0.39.tgz and saved it in ramdisk, then copied the knx-hdinstall script to the same directory in ramdisk and ran ./knx-hdinstall, That shouldn't be necessary in the fixed version. If you have the previous version, once installed, just apt-get install --reinstall kdebase kcontrol will fix the missing kontrol center modules. As I said, both issuses should be fixed now in the newly uploaded iso on my site.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Another small bug was reported. Please hold off until 1-14-04 for downloasding the new Technomancer.
-
I like this
Technomancer rocks... I just wish my sound worked like it normally does in knoppix.
I'm not really sure what's so different about this compilation than the original knoppix one that the sound wouldn't work anymore... I mean, I think the modules are already compiled in and everything... Just doesn't work live cd... I'll try a hd install, and maybe I'll have better luck.
I hope I can get it to work. This is really awesome. It's all tweaked, and runs a lot faster.
EDIT:... Conclusion: My chipset blows chunks. I'm throwing this VIA GARBAGE out. I'll go get an nForce if Mother Money is on my side next week (and she's usually on the other side, kicking my ass...)
-
Senior Member
registered user
A new version is almost done that features the choice between a 2.4 and 2.6 kernel. It also has gnome 2.4 and enlightnement.
Still working on it though- having the usual trouble with kicker items and menu entries.
-
Senior Member
registered user
OK, bear with me, this is the first time I download OverClockix and the first time I use btlaunchmany. Do I still need an md5sum? If so where is it, I can't find it on the OverClockix site!
TIA,
AJG
-
I found in the menus from an older Technomancer cd, the program "Kugar", but isn't working! There is some chance that this applications is included in the las version (I'm already downloading) or there are any chance to include this aplication in the future versions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
BTW, I just used btlaunchmany to download the latest OverClockix iso. I must be doing something wrong, it seems to have downloaded the whole file, but btlaunchmany won't terminate. What now?
TIA,
AJG
-
Senior Member
registered user
md5sum- there's an md5sum for the KNOPPIX cloop file on the top level of the CD once you burn the iso.
kugar- this has been removed to make space
BT- bittorrent clients will stay open after the download completes so that they continue uploading the file to other users who are downloading it. It should be safe to close it manually.
ISO status- Technomancer iso is bad for some reason, boots and fails to find filesystem. 3.4 iso still has many bugs but is functional.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, if I don't use md5sum before burning, is the knoppix testcd cheat code sufficient?
TIA,
AJG
Similar Threads
-
By daisuke0kun in forum Klik
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-10-2005, 11:55 AM
-
By adamherb in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-06-2005, 12:49 AM
-
By mcreel in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 25
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 08:29 AM
-
By randy431 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-31-2004, 04:31 AM
-
By Pierscoe1 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-16-2003, 05:18 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

Intel Core i5-11400F 6-Core 2.6 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor
$85.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel SR3XE Core i5-8500 3.0GHz 9M Socket 1151 6-Core CPU Processor *Tested*
$32.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

(LOT OF 12) Intel Core i5-9500 CPU 3.00GHz Desktop Processor (SRF4B)
$575.00

USED - Intel Core i7-13700 SRMBA 2.10GHz 30M 16-Core Socket 1700 CPU Processor
$250.00