Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Changing server : expect downtime

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

    Changing server : expect downtime

    I plan to swap over servers today, theres a chance it won't happen, but If it does then there will be a bit of downtime as I mirror over the data.

    hopefully moving from a P150 to a 1.3ghz :P

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199

    Re: Changing server : expect downtime

    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I plan to swap over servers today, theres a chance it won't happen, but If it does then there will be a bit of downtime as I mirror over the data.

    hopefully moving from a P150 to a 1.3ghz :P


    how long will the downtime be when it happens?

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818

    Re: Changing server : expect downtime

    Quote Originally Posted by god
    Quote Originally Posted by eadz
    I plan to swap over servers today, theres a chance it won't happen, but If it does then there will be a bit of downtime as I mirror over the data.

    hopefully moving from a P150 to a 1.3ghz :P


    how long will the downtime be when it happens?
    I'll tell you after
    (i.e. i don't know.. 30 minutes? 10 minute? an hour?..)

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    faster ?
    working ?

  5. #5
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Posts
    79
    Seems to be OK! How long has the About Knoppix page been there??
    First time I had a good look around the site - Bugzilla's cool too .

    Nice job Eaden

    rob

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Knewbie
    It's so much faster, it's now about twelve hours ahead of itself!
    It appears to referencing NZ time as GMT
    hehe, ok I have fixed the time, but it appears to have made a glitch where it shows old posts as new.. I hope this fixes itself over time.

  7. #7
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    818
    Quote Originally Posted by Knewbie
    It's so much faster, it's now about twelve hours ahead of itself!
    It appears to referencing NZ time as GMT
    hehe, ok I have fixed the time, but it appears to have made a glitch where it shows old posts as new.. I hope this fixes itself over time.

  8. #8
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    13
    faster ?
    Yes!

    working ?
    Very well!

    It's so much faster, it's now about twelve hours ahead of itself!

    It appears to referencing NZ time as GMT

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    57

    Much slower?

    Is it just me or is the forum MUCH slower here in the last day or so... I checked it from 5 machines from 3 locations....MUCH slower response...looks like a bandwidth problem. Is it just me?

    I like the look tho!

    Thx,
    Phredd

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199
    it is slow here too....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. sorry for the downtime
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 01:41 PM
  2. knx2hd install: what to expect?
    By linda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
  3. What to expect in 2004
    By baldyeti in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2004, 10:48 PM
  4. remove all window manager expect KDE
    By ghai in forum Ideas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-10-2003, 06:55 PM
  5. 20 minutes downtime
    By eadz in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2003, 09:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121 picture

Apple Mac Pro 2019 1TB OEM SSD Kit-832GB +128GB - 656-0122/ 656-0121

$69.99



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99