-
Junior Member
registered user
ATI grafics + nForce mobo = total confusion
I have a Radeon 9600 Pro EZ and an nVidia motherboard (ASUS nForce 2 Deluxe) and I'm not sure why, but I have problems installing the drivers that ATi has on their web for Linux. I also freaked out when I read on nVidia's web page that it's GART driver didn't yet support other video card acceleration from other companies than theirs, and since my motherboard is nVidia... is intalling nVidia's motherboard, sound and Lan drivers, and then installing ATi's drivers on top (Gart drivers included) a safe thing to do?
I had Mandrake 9.1 installed but had to install it on text mode... it was hell because I'm a total noob. I tried to install Ati's driver (without installing nVidia's) and just made everything even more broken. I tried to uninstall Linux... I didn't find a way to do it and a friend of mine told me to do a fdisk/mbr. That totally f*cked my hard disk's partitions, so I lost ALL my stuff (windows stuff and linux's stuff). That s*cked a lot. Sorry for my vocab, but I'm realy pissed off.
Similar Threads
-
By Durand Hicks in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 05:50 PM
-
By RexBeans Explosion in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 01:10 AM
-
By GuyFawkes in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-03-2003, 05:55 PM
-
By bsaunders in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-24-2003, 03:43 PM
-
By pinochet in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 06-26-2003, 05:43 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 3KDWX PERC H755 12Gb/s SAS 8GB RAID Controller
$950.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00