-
System hangs during boot with USB flash drive attached
Hi everyone,
I copied Knoppix V3.3 2003-11-19 onto a CD and everything works like a charm. Kudos to Knoppix! My system has 4 'generic' USB 1.1 ports and I added a 4 port USB 2.0 PCI adapter. All the USB devices attached are accessible: printer, scanner, mouse (wireless), keyboard, UPS, everything. Now here's the catch:
I have a Sandisk Cruzer mini 256 MB USB flash drive, which works fine under XP (home) and W2k. When I boot Knoppix with the drive attached to any USB port, the system will freeze during bootup, sometimes it reaches the cool voice saying 'initiating startup sequ..sequ...sequ...sequ... (skipping record), and sometimes it won't even reach that point.When I insert the flash drive after bootup, nothing happens...
All this also happens (or rather does NOT happen
) on my laptop with W2k.
Does anybody out there have any idea what's going on and, if yes, how to fix it?
Thanks for taking the time to read this, and thank you even more for thinking it over
Albert.
-
Hey Albert,
Although I won't be any help to you, I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone.
My programming professor and I both own Sandisk Cruzers (128MB) and neither of us can get them to work with Knoppix
. They work perfectly with any Windows comp but freeze Knoppix during startup. I have had success with an older Kanguru-brand 64MB USB 1.1 flash drive and currently use it as a persistent home directory. But no luck whatsoever with the Cruzer.
Anyway, good luck, hopefully someone can find a cause or fix so we can get up and running.
-Mark
-
Thanks Mark, let's keep our fingers crossed...
-
Junior Member
registered user
I found a cumbersome recipe for getting it to work.
Rather than crossposting same article, please see:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight=
Similar Threads
-
By macrojen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-30-2005, 05:43 AM
-
By bladeraptor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By amontefusco in forum Laptops
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-09-2003, 09:46 AM
-
By niyogi in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-17-2003, 11:53 PM
-
By danielgarcia in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 06:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99