-
Help needed for recognizing wifi cards in STD
I admit I am a newbie when it comes to Knoppix STD('
') and need some help on getting STD to recognize my Linksys Wireless-G PCI card. I have tried several things but honestly dont know what I can do. I have tried some different iwconfig and ifconfig commands but am just screwing around and cant get anywhere. When I type in iwconfig no network card is detected. Am I even heading in the right direction. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Suzanne101
Dont hurt me, I'm just a nOOb!('
')
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hey Suzanne,
Knoppix-STD doesn't have those 802.11G drivers built in. I'm not sure if the card is supported under Linux, but if so you should be able to manually load the drivers via 'insmod'.
You might want to post this same question over on the Knoppix-STD forum:
http://www.knoppix-std.org/forum
t.t.
-
Alright thanks for the reply t1ck t0ck.
Similar Threads
-
By Kumagoro in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 04:48 AM
-
By phantomshado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2004, 06:54 AM
-
By MattNooB in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-10-2004, 12:26 AM
-
By Suzanne101 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-06-2004, 10:46 AM
-
By ShavedHawk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-01-2003, 04:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00

OPNsense Firewall 8-Core Atom C3758 4GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$95.00

OPNsense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI
$195.00

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

HP 2x 10GB OPNsense Quad Core i5-8500 8GB RAM 3Port Gigabit Firewall AES-NI SSD
$199.95

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$199.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Barracuda NextGen CloudGen Cloud Based Firewall F280 BNGF280a w/ 8.3.1 Firmware
$89.99