The driver might not be included. Ordinarily, it works automagicly.
STD is based on ordinary knoppix, so try searching around for your card here and see if anything turns up.
Help!!! I am a newbie when it comes to Knoppix STD(''). I have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI card but i cant get STD to recognize it. If i do a iwconfig it says that i have no wifi card. HELP! I have also tried things like netcardconfig and ifconfig but those didnt do anything about recognizing my wifi card. I am farmiliar with Linux and primarily use Red Hat and Yellow Dog but STD is new to me. Any ideas or answers will greatly be appriciated.
Thanks,
Suzanne101
Dont hurt me, Im just a nOOb!![]()
The driver might not be included. Ordinarily, it works automagicly.
STD is based on ordinary knoppix, so try searching around for your card here and see if anything turns up.
OK so I need to get the drivers for my wifi. Anyone have ideas on where i could find these? Google?
Thanks ,
Suzanne101
Dont hurt me, Im just a nOOb!![]()
I would start your search at linksys' website support section, but you may have better results with google.
You can also have a look at The Linux PCI ID Repository to see if your card is supported.

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61
Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48
Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00
1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95
External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99
Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00