The driver might not be included. Ordinarily, it works automagicly.
STD is based on ordinary knoppix, so try searching around for your card here and see if anything turns up.
Help!!! I am a newbie when it comes to Knoppix STD(''). I have a Linksys Wireless-G PCI card but i cant get STD to recognize it. If i do a iwconfig it says that i have no wifi card. HELP! I have also tried things like netcardconfig and ifconfig but those didnt do anything about recognizing my wifi card. I am farmiliar with Linux and primarily use Red Hat and Yellow Dog but STD is new to me. Any ideas or answers will greatly be appriciated.
Thanks,
Suzanne101
Dont hurt me, Im just a nOOb!![]()
The driver might not be included. Ordinarily, it works automagicly.
STD is based on ordinary knoppix, so try searching around for your card here and see if anything turns up.
OK so I need to get the drivers for my wifi. Anyone have ideas on where i could find these? Google?
Thanks ,
Suzanne101
Dont hurt me, Im just a nOOb!![]()
I would start your search at linksys' website support section, but you may have better results with google.
You can also have a look at The Linux PCI ID Repository to see if your card is supported.

G-Technology G-RAID 24TB Dual-Drive External HDD TB3 USB 3.1 7200RPM Silver
$299.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99
Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00
MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19
Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95
Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204
$24.97
CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00