-
help me w/ aol
does knoppix work with aol, please somebody tell me what to and if not how could u go online with it
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hello Dre5701,
I guess the hardest thing is what you mean. Are you just trying to connect to AOL as your internet service provider, or are you already connected, and want to use AOL Instant Messenger, or, are you trying to get to AOL's Home Page????
#1 - Connecting to AOL -=- Does your modem dial, but just not connect, does it dial, connect, but nothing else, is your modem working at all???
#2 - Using AOL Instant Messenger -=- Knoppix has a program, not AIM like in the Windows World, called GAIM - you can find it under the KMenu, under Internet - this program can communicate through -=- I haven't tried it yet, but have heard - it can talk MSN Messenger, AOL Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger.
#3 - AOL's Home Page -=- type, I think, the following in either Knoquerer or Mozilla -=- http://www.aol.com
Hope this is a start for you,
Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't use AOL anymore for anything than email. To check your email you can goto http://webmail.aol.com
I've since switched most of my email and webhosting to free servers with better spam protection http://mail.lycos.com and http://www.tripod.com respectively. I still have an aol account for my WIMxP users at home....
Good Luck!
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-7700 Kaby Lake Quad-Core 3.6 GHz Processor LGA 1151
$39.99

Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 5 8400F 4.2GHz 6-Core/ 12-Threads Socket AM5 65W Processor
$129.99

HP ProDesk 405 G8 Desktop AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 5650GE 16GB RAM 512GB SSD W11P
$319.99