Don't you mean PSI not PHY?
Psi should be brought back. I have not used the Jabber plugin for Gaim, and was quite impressed. Until now, there hasn't even been a way to log in to alternative servers. This, however, does not mean they got it right. For all the things that can be done, there are some important ones that can't.
1) Server browsing is not implimented.
2) Even if you know the specifics of the agent you wish to register with, you can't.
3) Agents cannot be altered in any way (including removing an agent and the contacts associated with it).
4) The status of agents cannot be toggled (you cannot be logged in to Jabber, but have your agents offline, or decide that you want to get on ICQ at the moment, but want AIM off).
5) new account creation does not appear to exist.
There are more, but the point is it's fine to log in using Gaim for a little bit, but if a user wants to use any of the advanced features of Jabber, they're just out of luck. You can't even do searching for contacts with the JUD -- let alone searching through agents. Agent status isn't even displayed, so if something is wrong with an agent, you may not even know -- and you certianly can't do anything about it.
In short, it is a bad idea to remove the only true Jabber client from the distrib. (OK, many of these complaints are rendered moot for the live disk, since you're not expected to be doing anything with your account, but if it's _just_ a live disk, what is knx-hdinstall? Longer-term ideas are implimented, so the idea that one may wish to have some degree of control over their acct does not seem unreasonable (to me)).
BTW:
Big thanks for ALSA support, even if I do have to disable it right now... When I figure the problem out, I will be quite happy about regaining complete control over my card.
BTW-II:
Anyone else using an SB Live 5.1? I haven't goot good audio using ALSA since I moved from the SB Live Platinum to my 5.1 (but the change occured at the same time I got my new pc together and switched to Knoppix from pure debian, so there are lots of factors - I'd just like to know if anyone else is getting static through their speakers when using the 5.1 w/ the ALSA drivers.
Don't you mean PSI not PHY?
My mistake. I'll fix.
Please add PSI (with SSL library), most of Jabber users use PSI (then others, including Jajc).
So, what about PSI?
Hi, I don't think you'll get much reaction from Knopper on these forums. Not sure he reads them. You make requests like this to the developers list, but there is no guarantee that he will go along with it.Originally Posted by Cobra

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99