Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22

Thread: Can't load Knoppix

  1. #11
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    I disable IDE0 channel in BIOS. I disable ZIP (but BIOS report about ATAPI device on IDE1 slave). Situation is same. And series of messages about "bad command in queue" present too.
    Tomorrow I will try to phisically disconnect ZIP, but it too lazy...

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    May be, there is some way to resolve this problem in "expert" mode?
    But I'm not expert, I'm beginner. Many years ago I use UNIX on IBM mainframe, and forget all... And Unix for S/370 - it is not Linux...

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    And series of messages about "bad command in queue" present too.
    Ok, which device do these error messages refer to now ?

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    What do you mean in "what device"? In message? "hdd". And messages from "lvm" about unable to read partition table.

    But I don't undestand a simple thing. Yes, there are a problem in work with one device. All OS can resolve this problem, for example - logically disconnect this device. Why Linux dead on this simple problem?

    And! After this series of error messages initialization continued! My devices detected, apm manager detected and loaded, AGP bridge detected (IMHO chipset known for Knoppix). I do not see any messages about old NIC... It is not in PnP mode... May be problem in this?

  5. #15
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Yes, that's what I meant. So it is still seeing the zip drive but we got rid of the hda & hdb messages, right ?
    One thing you could try before disconnecting the zip drive if you haven't tried it already is put a disk in the zip drive.

  6. #16
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    I try insert before boot and ZIP, and floppy. Situation not changed. And I not see turn to ZIP and floppy. Lamp not indicate any activity.

    See my edited message above.

  7. #17
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by Igor
    And! After this series of error messages initialization continued! My devices detected, apm manager detected and loaded, AGP bridge detected (IMHO chipset known for Knoppix). I do not see any messages about old NIC... It is not in PnP mode... May be problem in this?
    Oh, I thought you meant it continues to display the same errors all the time. If it just dumps a bunch of them and then continues I guess the problem might be somewhere else, sorry.

  8. #18
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    361
    One more suggestion before I log off tonight: "knoppix 2" (trying to boot into console mode only, no GUI)

  9. #19
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    See my first message - system hang after message "AGP bridge detected" or "Skip detection AGP" (if "knoppix noagp" or "failsafe")

  10. #20
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    15
    It was my first try after unsuccess booting - boot in text mode. When I try "knoppix 2" situation is same, without any difference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. knoppix will load, but after system starts, GUI wont load.
    By n()()dle in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2004, 01:39 AM
  2. Good Grief!! Can't Load, Won't Load
    By Medicate in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-26-2004, 07:08 AM
  3. Knoppix won't load
    By bored in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-27-2004, 01:29 AM
  4. Knoppix doesn't load
    By thewyzewun in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-20-2003, 10:48 PM
  5. won't load knoppix
    By caven_a in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-02-2003, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive

$349.99



HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD picture

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD

$41.00



Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive picture

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$23.99



Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive

$24.99



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s

$58.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95