Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Filesystem troubles

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1

    Filesystem troubles

    Hey everyone, this is my first post here!

    I'm semi experienced with linux and have been messing around with knoppix lately and since I've been home sick lately I've decieded I am going to try to do a install to my "linux beast"

    The computer that I am trying to install on is a P166MMX, 128 MB RAM, 4.3 GB HD.

    I was able to get the HD partitions set up how I wanted but when I go to choose a filesystem I pick what I want (anything but EXT2), it sets it up correctly and then gives me the little message that its about to copy stuff over. I tell it to continue and then it says that it can't mount the drive because ext3, ReiserFS, or XFS (what ever I chose on that attempt) is not supported by my kernel.

    While loading initially I boot into level 2. On the screen it complains about a bunch of things, one of them about 2.4.22-xfs not found. And then theres some openMOSIX complaining that goes on about the computer asking if its an open mosix kernel or not.

    I am using clusterKNOPPIX, so it is slightly different but I couldn't find a board for that specifically so I was hoping someone here could be of some help.

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Osnabrück, Germany
    Posts
    95
    Try "insmod ext3" from a root console prior to installing although I think that filesystems should've been statically compiled into the kernel..

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix troubles - help!
    By catlord17 in forum General Support
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-10-2004, 09:02 PM
  2. Cd rom troubles
    By DusteD in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
  3. ok, it's on my hd, I have app-get troubles. a better way?
    By cameik in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 01:35 AM
  4. USB troubles
    By cold in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-03-2004, 08:51 PM
  5. Newbie troubles with DSL
    By GreenShirt in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-26-2004, 07:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch picture

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch

$19.99



NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch picture

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch

$49.99



Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch

$46.99



Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks picture

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks

$224.95



10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W picture

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W

$39.99



5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S... picture

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...

$9.64



TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597 picture

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597

$36.98



Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts picture

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts

$69.00



NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless picture

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless

$25.99



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99