-
problem to add new shared libraries!
Hello!
I have programmed a tool under Suse Linux 8.2 and I want to try it running under Knoppix 3.3, but there was a Problem with shared libraries, which could not be found. That is OK. But I was not able to install them to Knoppix.
Now my Question, how can I install new libraries to Knoppix?
the main problem is that everything important (I mean the libraries-direcories or the /etc/ld.so.conf-file) comes from the Knoppix-CD and that is why I can't modify this.
Please, I need help!
Greetings skontox
-
Senior Member
registered user
You'll have to install knoppix to a hard drive or remaster the CD in order to add content. It's also possible to temporarily install some things to the ramdisk by writing a script to download and compile the source and direct it to install into the ramdisk.
-
Thank you for your answer!
But I think thats to hard for me. 
Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.
Greetings skontox
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
skontox
Thank you for your answer!
But I think thats to hard for me.

Maybe you can tell me how I add a new library-directory into the file /etc/ld.so.conf?
I know that this file is on CD but maybe there exist a easy solution doing this.
Greetings skontox
Don't know if it will work but you can try making a directory in the ramdrive and copying the libraries that you need there and then edit the /etc/ld.so.conf (sudo vi /etc/ld.so.conf) and the path to the libraries and then sudo /sbin/ldconfig and see if it will pick up the new libraries.
-
Thanks for yor answer.
But it does not help. The problem is that the file: /etc/ld.so.conf is directly connected to the Knoppix-CD. That means that I'm not able to modify this file. I'm only allowed to read, whether I'm a normal user or super user! Thats very bad! ;-(
I tried also to set the Variable: LD_LIBRARY_PATH with a new directory like "/ramdisk/lib"
and copy there my libraries in, but it does not work either!
Greetings skontox
Similar Threads
-
By Kierano in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
-
By Bob_Foster in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-08-2004, 04:27 AM
-
By smarchand291 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 11:58 PM
-
By adamm in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 30
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 09:12 PM
-
By senorian in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2003, 08:24 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board
$675.00

Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00

MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)
$99.95

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00